Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS, ISO 22000:2018) Internal Auditor Training Course
ISO has a number of International Standards aimed at ensuring food safety throughout the supply chain. The ISO 22000 family addresses food safety management by providing guidelines and best practice for managing risks in all areas of food production.
(CQI/IRCA certified course ID: PT252/2092)
The successful completion of Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) Internal Auditor Training Course, is pre-requisite and essential to becoming an FSMS Internal Auditor.
To participate in this training course, the following prior knowledge was expected:
- Knowledge of Management System Compliance (ISO 19600)
- Process approach (Plan-Do-Check-Act)
- Business overall compliance risk management (ISO 31000), includes legal, legislation, contractual obligations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Top management leadership, other roles and responsibilities to support management system
- Consideration of planning a management system - identify the organizational and technical measures to manage the identified risk
- Supporting required by the management system
- Management system operation consideration - monitoring, reporting and communicating
- Performance evaluation of management system - objectives evaluation, Internal Audits, and Management Review
- Continually improve the effectiveness of a management system
- Knowledge of food safety management principles and concepts includes but not limited to:
- Food safety-related legal, legislation, standards and contractual requirements
- Food safety management process (Plan-Do-Check-Act)
- Food safety management objectives
- Prerequisite programmes (PRPs)
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point System (HACCP)
- Validation planning
- Traceability system
- ISO 22000: Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 22000 and the commonly used food safety management terms and definitions.
Note. You are advised that course examination questions can relate to any requirement of ISO 22000 and the expected prior knowledge. For delegates who do not have these, we recommend attending our foundation training course.
Who should attend?
This is intended for those who will be involved in internal audits of an FSMS that conforms to latest ISO 22000 in any organization.
Suggested job functions and their teams include:
- People who involved in the food supply chain
- Corporate governance managers
- Risk and compliance managers
- Management system representative
- Consultant and management system professional
- Legal and compliance
- Learn Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle model in FSMS, the role of internal auditor in the maintenance and improvement of FSMS.
- Learn how to explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report, and follow-up an internal FSMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 where appropriate
- Learn how to plan, conduct, report and follow-up an internal audit of part of an FSMS based on ISO 22000, or acceptable equivalent, and in accordance with ISO 19011
- Your organization will have an internal resource and process to be able to conduct internal audits of its FSMS to assess and improve conformance with ISO 22000
- You will gain a professional qualification that certifies that you have the knowledge and skills to be able to conduct FSMS internal audit within the organization
- Successful auditing will improve the protection of any food supply chain’s safety management processes to meet market assurance and corporate governance needs
- Understand how to identify gaps in an FSMS system
- Accurately audit will be able to provide continuous improvement to a management system
- Meet training requirements for internal auditor
Day 1, Food safety management systems knowledge (ISO 22000)
Overview to management system structure (MSS) and process approach (PDCA) - ISO 22000
- Understand the organization's compliance risk
- Management systems and PDCA
- Management system internal audit requirements and process
- Auditor responsibilities
- Planning the audit (i.e. audit plan, checklist, and notes)
Day 2, Guidelines for auditing management systems (ISO 19011)
- Conducting the audit (includes opening meeting, audit skills, collect audit evidence, and audit findings)
- Report and close the audit (includes audit conclusion, audit report and closing meeting)
- Follow up the audit
- Course summary / Q&A / Course examination
- Course material
- Auditor course examination
- Course certificate
- This is a classroom-based training course. Please contact with the course organizer for more detail information.
- The delegates should note that there are evening works during the course
- The minimal numbers of delegates for this course are 4 and the maximum is 20. If the students less than 4, the course will be postponed.
- This course is facilitated by www.TKSG.global online learning management system (LMS). The participants should have the capability to use their own PC, laptop notebook or suitable mobile devices to access the LMS.
- This course is run in collaboration with CQI/IRCA Approved Training Partner - Hermes infotech Inc. (ID: 01197682)